MOM's Family Garden celebrates a successful season
The MOM Family Garden is pleased to announce the success of our gardens in the 2021 season. Please join us in congratulating our volunteers and clients on their accomplishments.
- 5000 pounds of produce grown for garden clients and the MOM pantry
- Gardening lessons for 16 client families
- Recipe sharing
- Sauerkraut, pickle, and salsa making
- Engagement with volunteer groups and corporations
- 18 regular volunteers contributing more than 600 hours
- Our beautiful new teaching and children’s garden with composting, small space gardening, and natural weed control.
Each week volunteers and clients have worked together to tend our half-acre production garden and the larger watermelon garden. When the work is complete, each client family takes home a share of the harvest. Clients have also taken home ideas for small space gardening with straw bales and containers. Thank you to our dedicated volunteers, client families, and to Mark Brunsell who donates the land. MOM’s garden accomplishments would not be possible without the leadership of Dan Johnson. Thank you Dan for all that you do.
Please correct the validation errors above.