Preventing Homelessness, Ending Hunger
There are many different ways you can give during the holidays:
- Make a donation today. Your donation makes it possible for MOM to continue effectively helping neighbors in need through our progressive programs. Your donation provides a stable place for a child to live, healthy food for children who are growing and learning, peace of mind for a mom and dad struggling to make ends meet, a warm home for a senior, and hope for a brighter future for everyone who walks through our doors. Donate today.
- Help a family through the Sharing Christmas Program. Receive a match of a family the size you request and purchase and wrap gifts for the members of the family! - CLOSED for the year. Thank you to all of the generous donors who made sure that everyone had a match! If you are still interested in helping, donations of gift cards to use in special circumstances from major stores or gas cards are always welcome.
- Purchase a holiday ornament. Beautiful MOM ornaments are for sale at the MOM office at Creating for a Cause, and at two area Middleton businesses (Diny's Jewelers and Z.Bella Boutique) for only $10. Proceeds benefit MOM's progressive programs aimed at ending hunger and preventing homelessness in our community.
- Buy Remitts. Made by area volunteers, ReMitts are made from recycled sweaters and soft fleece. 100% of the proceeds go to area Food Pantries. You can purchase ReMitts in support of MOM at the Bruce Company, and many westside Barriques locations.
- Run a holiday food drive. Gather your friends, family, and collect food to stock our Food Pantry. Hams are especially needed.
- Assemble a baking kit. Include your favorite Christmas cookie recipe and all of the ingredients and tools needed to bake them. You can bring your kits to the Distribution Center during their regular business hours. Ideas: Holiday cookie cutters, sugar, flour, canned frosting, tube icing, holiday sprinkles, cookie mix or dough, eggs, butter, rolling pins, baking sheets, measuring cups, and hot pads. Donations can be brought to the Distribution Center.
- Shop our Gift Catalog. Connect your wish to honor friends, family or business associates with a gift that MOM links to those in need.
- Volunteer your time on a regular basis.
- Donate clothing, linens, bedding and blankets,and other winter gear to the Distribution Center.
This year's Thanksgiving program offers all the fixings for a lovely Thanksgiving meal to 350 families in the MOM service area and smaller meal baskets to 75 seniors and individuals with disabilities.
Donations of $15 to the program help us give a family the food they needed for a delicious holiday meal. When making a donation, write "holiday meals" in the memo.
The 2015 program is again sponsored by Shurfine Food Center and Certco Employees.
Watch a video of our Thanksgiving Basket distribution.