Preventing Homelessness, Ending Hunger
There are many different ways you can give during the holidays:
- Make a donation today. Your donation makes it possible for MOM to continue effectively helping neighbors in need through our progressive programs. Your donation provides a stable place for a child to live, healthy food for children who are growing and learning, peace of mind for a mom and dad struggling to make ends meet, a warm home for a senior, and hope for a brighter future for everyone who walks through our doors. Donate today.
- Shop at the 2nd Annual Creating for a Cause: Holiday Art Fair. December 6 (10am-5pm) and December 7 (11am - 4pm) at the MOM Food Pantry. Over 50 local artists, including featured artist Scott Draves of Door Pottery are donating 20% or more of their proceeds to MOM's homelessness prevention and hunger fighting programs. Come and shop for a cause! Beautiful pottery, many styles of jewelry, fused and blown glass, fiber arts including purses, scarves and aprons, wood, paintings, and prints - all created by local artists.
- Help a family through the Sharing Christmas Program. Receive a match of a family the size you request and purchase and wrap gifts for the members of the family!
- Run a Holiday Food Drive - Gather your friends, family, and collect food to stock our Food Pantry. Especially needed are hams.
- Assemble a Baking Kit. Include your favorite Christmas Cookie recipe and all of the ingredients and tools needed to bake them. You can bring your kits to the Distribution Center during their regular business hours. Ideas: Holiday cookie cutters, sugar, flour, canned frosting, tube icing, holiday sprinkles, cookie mix or dough, eggs, butter, rolling pins, baking sheets, measuring cups, and hot pads. Donations can be brought to the Distribution Center.
- Shop our Gift Catalog. Connect your wish to honor friends, family or business associates with a gift that MOM links to those in need. Donations from this year's online gift catalog will be matched up to $5,000 thanks to an anonymous donor! Every gift will help twice as many people in need.
- Volunteer for an event organizing committee.
- Donate Clothing, Linens, Bedding and Blankets,and other Winter Gear to the Distribution Center.
Support this year's Thanksgiving program, which offers all the fixings for a lovely Thanksgiving meal to 350 families in the MOM service area and smaller meal baskets to 75 seniors and individuals with disabilities. Donations of $15 to the program help us give a family the food they needed for a delicious holiday meal. When making a donation, write "holiday meals" in the memo.
The 2014 program is again sponsored by Shurfine Food Center and Certco Employees.
Watch a video of our Thanksgiving Basket distribution.