Preventing Homelessness, Ending Hunger
There are many different ways you can give during the holidays:
- Make a donation today. Your donation makes it possible for MOM to continue effectively helping neighbors in need through our progressive programs. Your donation provides a stable place for a child to live, healthy food for children who are growing and learning, peace of mind for a mom and dad struggling to make ends meet, a warm home for a senior, and hope for a brighter future for everyone who walks through our doors. Donate today.
- Purchase gifts for a family through the Sharing Christmas Program. Donor individuals or groups are matched with a family for whom they purchase gifts.
- Run a Holiday Food Drive - Gather your friends, family, and collect food to stock our Food Pantry. Especially needed are hams.
- Assemble a Baking Kit. Include your favorite Christmas Cookie recipe and all of the ingredients and tools needed to bake them. You can bring your kits to the Distribution Center during their regular business hours. Ideas: Holiday cookie cutters, sugar, flour, canned frosting, tube icing, holiday sprinkles, cookie mix or dough, eggs, butter, rolling pins, baking sheets, measuring cups, and hot pads. Donations can be brought to the Distribution Center.
- Other kits and items are needed, too - (Donate Goods)
- Join us at the Creating for Causes: MOM Holiday Art Fair, which will take place December 7 & 8, 2013, at the MOM Distribution Center. Donate holiday lights (in good working order) to help us decorate our facilites for the event!
- Shop our Gift Catalog. Connect your wish to honor friends, family or business associates with a gift that MOM links to those in need.
- Volunteer for an organizing committee.
- Donate Clothing, Linens, Bedding and Blankets,and other Winter Gear to the Distribution Center.
- Choose a fun or crazy goal to raise needed funds for MOM, and use Crowdrise to make it happen (at no cost to you).
Support this year's Thanksgiving program, which offers all the fixings for a lovely Thanksgiving meal to 350 families in the MOM service area and smaller meal baskets to 75 seniors and individuals with disabilities. Donations of $15 to the program help us give a family the food they needed for a delicious holiday meal. When making a donation, write "holiday meals" in the memo.
The 2013 program is again sponsored by Shurfine Food Center and Certco Employees.
Watch a video of our Thanksgiving Basket distribution.