Preventing Homelessness, Ending Hunger
Job Type: Full-time
Hours: Employment Term: Regular
Hours per Week: 30
Starting Salary Range: Pay Based on Experience
Salary/Benefit Notes: Middleton Outreach Ministry offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Position Summary: The Development Director is responsible for the oversight, planning and implementation of a comprehensive fundraising program that secures significant financial resources from grants, and from current and prospective Middleton Outreach Ministry donors to sustain and grow the organization. Ideal qualified candidates will be knowledgeable of the Dane County area and have a passion for helping others in need.
Position Responsibilities/Essential Job Duties:
- Lead the development and execution of fundraising goals and manages a comprehensive annual fundraising plan for MOM.
- Researches and identifies new corporate, foundations and private funding prospects to match program priorities, using research tools.
- Generates revenues for programs and services through timely submissions of well-researched, well-written and well-documented grant/fundraising proposals.
- Increases giving through solicitation, cultivation and stewardship of existing MOM donors and development of new donors through prospecting and research.
- Maintains and updates MOM donor databases.
- Participates in the budgeting process, by collecting and managing fundraising financial data for MOM.
- Maintains and implements funding calendar activities, including cultivation activities
- Works closely and supervises the Event Coordinator on special events for fundraising
- Solicits cash or in-kind donations or sponsorships from individual, business, or government donors.
- Evaluate fundraising effectiveness and lead the continuous improvement of the organizations development efforts.
Public relations and marketing activities.
- Provides training and resources to support and encourage board-driven fundraising efforts and participates in strategic planning committees.
- Writes reports to corporate, foundations and other funders.
- Participates in public relations and marketing duties.
- Attends community events, meetings, or conferences to promote MOM goals or solicit donations or sponsorships.
- Contacts corporate representatives, government officials, or community leaders to increase awareness of MOM causes, activities, or needs.
- Works closely with the Executive Director and Community Relations Manager to develop and implement fundraising activities, such as annual giving campaigns or direct mail programs.
- Oversees the acknowledgment process regarding donor appreciation.
- Serves as a liaison to all funding agencies or organizations (as needed).
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, professional writing or a similar major in a related field or commensurate experience.
- Three years of applicable fundraising experience in a non-profit or similar social services environment, preferably in the Madison area. A Certified Fund-Raising Executive is an asset.
- Experience working with current and evolving trends in charitable giving, including the areas of capital campaigns, major gifts and planned giving.
- Experience managing donor software.
- Clear understanding of and commitment to MOM's mission
- Knowledge of basic business finance, such as budgeting, cash flow, and planning
- Experience and/or training in researching and writing grants
- Comprehensive knowledge of research tools, with the ability to distinguish and identify and secure new funding opportunities.
- Excellent communication skills that include writing, speaking and the ability to adapt communication style to fit the situation and audience.
- Possession of strong analytical, problem-solving, strategic thinking skills.
- Ability to be highly organized in order to implement systems, follow-up processes and manage multiple projects.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to travel within Wisconsin as necessary; must possess a valid Wisconsin driver's license and proof of personal auto liability insurance meeting Wisconsin's minimum requirement.
- Comprehensive knowledge of standard office practices, procedures, equipment, demonstrated computer and software skills required; proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and databases.
To Apply: To apply, please send a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax to 608-845-3375 by Sunday, October 25th.